Teamsters Hall of Fame
After James Nash discovered gold in Gympie in 1867, William and Mary Grigor purchased 160 acres in the Glasshouse Mountains area and set up a staging post with accommodation for Cobb & Co coaches on their two day journey on the new road from Brisbane
to Gympie. Bankfoot House was in operation until 1893 by which time the new railway line to Beerwah had opened and coach passenger and the mail service to Gympie had ceased. Housing three interrelated families for a period of over 130 years, Bankfoot House
is the oldest standing residence in the district and has been well maintained and preserved by local volunteers. Just across the road is the Teamsters Hall of Fame and Spirit of the Outback. Owned by Stephen Ralph whose lifelong interest in carriages was capped by a
recent discovery that his great-great-uncles were Cobb & Co drivers.
Bookings close: 8.05.18